Tuesday, February 23

The Best Chicken Dish I Make :D

Okay, so yesterday on the Monday Mingle, I talked about the most asked for recipe  in this house. I mentioned the entire thing to Andrew, and that we were having chicken for dinner.

His face dropped when I told him I wasn't able to make the chicken potato bake for the third time this week.

So, as requested by the lovely and talented Stefany, here is the recipe for chicken potato bake. It's so easy, I don't really use the measurements any more, but I'll give them anyway.


4 bone-in chicken pieces **Edit: I use boneless, skinless chicken breast and as many as I need for however many people I'm feeding that night, lol

1 1/2 lbs potatoes, cut into thin wedges **I can't seem to get my wedges down pat, so I cut my potatoes into chunks, wedges, slices, scallops... whatever! And about 2 big potatoes is plenty for 4 chicken breasts, unless you really like them, then maybe 2 and a half.

1/2 cup zesty Italian dressing **I stopped measuring this ages ago. See further down for what I now do.

1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese **Stopped with this too: keep reading!

1 tsp Italian seasoning ** see past two notations, lol


So.

Preheat your oven to 400. You need a baking dish with a lid, or lacking such, a baking dish and some foil.

Put your breasts (no, no... the CHICKEN breasts, you pervert) in the baking dish. Add enough Italian dressing to half cover them. I like to sprinkle a little cheese here, for good measure. Add your potatoe whatevers... I make the top as even as possible, then add an obscene amount of Italian dressing over the potatoes. When I say obscene, I mean on this one dish, I use about 3/4 the bottle. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A PIG LIKE ME!! Use as much, as little, or even the exact numbers, as you want. No worries :) Last but not least, sprinkle a thick coat of parmesan cheese over it all and a little Italian seasoning on that.

Cover and bake for 30 minutes. 

Remove cover and bake for another 30 minutes.

Dig in :D and make sure you get some of the potatoes and the sauce that they cookied in. Oh, baby, oh baby.



This recipe is so very easy. And quick, too, minus the potato cutting, which only takes me forever because I use a butter knife. I'm a wuss like that, guys. Really.

1 comment:

  1. We do this too!!!!!! Have you tried adding orange bell peppers??? OH.MY.HEAVENS! Delish!

    ReplyDelete

So... tell me what you think. Good or bad, plus or minus, negative, positive, irrational...

Go for it :D