Sunday, August 30

Writers Workshop question plus some...

So, it's been a little while since I posted. I haven't wanted to, for several reasons. Mostly, I guess, it was me wanting a taste of torture. I wanted my last post, the hurting one, to be on top and read most. I wanted the hateful comments, in a twisted way, as much as I wanted the encouraging ones. I got no hate. It was all encouragement, all positive, and if I haven't said it enough, I want to say it again. Thank you, to both Michelle and Life with Kaishon. You don't know how much you've helped.

But, I don't want to dwell on that. Not a fan of lingering over hurts, never have been, regardless of what kind of hurt it is. Therefore, I must tell you a few things. First of all, I linked to a blog for a Writer's Workshop and never did it. So here we go.



4.) How did you break it?

First of all, let me state: I did not break it, per se. It was broken by accident, because I didn't quite understand the way gravity works on the floorboards of a 12 passenger van.




It must have been either freshman or sophomore year of high school and I was completely in love with several things: wrestlers in singlets, Andrew, and turtles, to name a few. I was a cheerleader for wrestling, probably the best choice I made in high school and probably the worst, too. To make a long story shorter, the things that happened in the van were wild some days, but always pretty awesome and special. Well, we went on a looong away trip. If any of you are familiar with the area, we went from San Manuel to Eloy. It's about a 4 hour van ride, full of giggly girls doing hair and make up and talking about boys and, usually, sex, and loads of other things I've sworn never to speak of. It was one of those trips where half of us couldn't go for one reason or another, but I was there, as well as the captains, Kim and Ashlei. Well, we talked our coach and driver, Olivia, into stopping at a Family Dollar for food and as I was walking in and around the place, I found this turtle. He was the cutest thing I had ever seen... I wasn't very hungry, and I loved him. I did. From the minute I saw this turtle, there was no doubt in my mind. I paid about $5 for him, wrapped him tight in a couple plastic bags, and put him on the floor by my feet in the van with my stuff.

Baaaad move.

Olivia should have been fired on the spot, by the way, for the way she drove. She drove probably about 80 or 85 the entire way to Eloy, and let me tell you, it's only 65 on that highway. Well, that highway also is filled to brimming with bumps and curves and rough spatches and all sorts of stuff. At one point, she hit a bump and everything, and everyone, went flying... including my precious turtle, who I thought was safe...

I didn't realize how badly he was broken until I got home and took him out of the bag, happy as a clam to show my mom and dad what I'd found for my knick knack collection, and he was in pieces. I wanted to cry. I think I did cry. Actually, I KNOW I cried because Dad took the pieces from me and put him back together... kinda. If you look at the pic, there's a hole and a lot of white stuff. It's glue, and the piece we never found, and boy, I looked hard. But Dad fixed him as best as he could, and I kept him, through all the places we've lived and everything we done, all the way to Tennessee. I'm interested in seeing where we go next with the poor thing.

That is how I broke it. I laid it on the floorboard of a madwoman's van and it was smashed to bits by ungodly things rolling around under the seats.




Now, in other news, we got our dining room table. I am still so happy with it. It's just the perfect size for Andrew and I, two tables. We've made a few traditions around it, too. If we sit at it to eat, we say grace. We take turns, but it's a must. There must be shirts on at the table, a rule for the guys, and no cell phones, computers, anything electronic or digital when we're sitting there. No reading, either. It's one on one time (and later, one on five lol) so there shouldn't be anything to distract.

I have to tell you, this is my first time ever having a real table to eat at. I mean, we always had one, but it was always covered in stuff and eating together, as a family, only happened on Thanksgiving if we had company. I'm pretty excited to do it, to have something that cements Andrew and I as a family every single weeknight.

With no further ado, pics of aid table:






No comments:

Post a Comment

So... tell me what you think. Good or bad, plus or minus, negative, positive, irrational...

Go for it :D