Tuesday, August 11

The Dingle-ling is optional. Sometimes he misses the bell.

Lately, I've been waking up earlier, not only to take my basal body temperature at 5:30 (yay for Natural Family Planning!), but because our schedule has changed so much. Andrew typically has to be at work-- that is, on post and in formation-- at 6:30, but they like to keep us on our toes and screw with my temps so now and again, he has to be there at 5:30. Today was one such day, which I've gotten a little more used to: I can now sleep through him banging and clanging around the room, stubbing this toe, smacking that lamp. I swear to God, whatever they did to teach him stealth in bootcamp went right out the window, because that man is louder than a bear at 4:30 AM.

So, he has to be at work at either 5:30 or 6:30, which means he actually has to be there 10 minutes early, stupid sergeants. To get enough sleep, we're both in bed/asleep no later than 9:30 on most nights, sometimes earlier, occasionally later, and it's gotten to me, too. I've never been one of those long sleeping people. I sleep for my usual 8 hours, or 9 if I really really need it, and wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed. Well, going to sleep at 9:30 means that 5:30 isn't just for my temperature based how likely I am to wake up with Mr. No Stealth Bear in the morning. It's now my ACTUAL WAKE UP TIME. Yes. I am one of those insane people that wake up before the sun is up, before the birds are chirping, and LONG before my oddly lazy cockatiel has fallen off his mirror (which apparently is the equivalent of his morning constitutional; it's like clockwork, I swear, 6 am every day I hear SQUAWK CLATTER DINGLE-LING FLAP FLAP THUD followed by the wolf whistle, Gardy's equivalent of, "I'm okay!"). And really, other than my biological clock, not THAT one, the other one, telling me that I need to get up, there's no reason. I'm jobless, I'm childless, I'm dog- and cat-less, and my husband doesn't return home to shower until 8:00 am or so.


It's not like it's unhealthy or anything, I'm not upset with the whole situation. It just took me by surprise. I've always been a morning person... In high school, elementary school, and everything before that, I woke up at 6 am on the dot. I would wake up, get a hand towel and the little wooden foot stool, and plant myself in front of the tv with a boxed chocolate milk from the fridge door for 30 minutes to an hour while my mom woke up. And if she took to long, I would wake her up by screaming, "MOM SCHOOL SCHOOL I HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL WAKE UP!!!!" I found out later that it always worked, because she thought I was late every time! :D Shame on me.

So today I have to steal the car from Andrew when he comes home for lunch. I need to go to the bank, to give them a check from my previous bank for the total amount in the checkings. It's one of the last steps to changing banks, but it's not over yet. We still need to change Andrew's direct deposit, but we have to get into his MyPay and AKO account to do that. We can't do that at home. He has to go to the library on post, use the CAC card reader there, and change it all that way, which is difficult and time consuming, simply because the hours the library are open are the hours he's busy doing whatever it is they're making him do these days. I can't close our first account until he gets that changed, or he won't get his paycheck and that would be bad, so that puts the end of everything on hold. The bank switching is the last, or second to last, stop on the road to TN living. The only other thing we would need to do is get Andrew's driver's license, but that's not necessary.

That's pretty much it for the day, as far as going places. I was supposed to go walking with Teresa and Brandon's mom, but with Andrew coming home at who knows when, I wasn't sure I'd have time to walk 3 miles with them and pick him up on time, which wouldn't be fair to him. He wouldn't get a shower, or breakfast, if I did that, assuming I took him to work early this morning. Other than going places, I need to do some of the weekend dishes that weren't finished, as well as last night's dinner dishes. I also need to let Gardy out for a while, vacuum the house, sweep the kitchen and bathroom, and decide on dinner depending on whether Jeff is coming tonight or not. If not, I'll make grilled chicken and veggies. If he is, three cheese chicken casserole.

*EDIT* I forgot to tell you about the movie. We went and it was a pretty good movie. The effects were well done, and even though there was barely any dialogue, what they did have was funny. Scarlett= totally awesome. Women that can fight that well are rather inspirational, although I did notice I drove a leeetle more recklessly after said movie. :D I enjoyed the movie itself, but I swear on all that's decent and holy, Jeff is lucky I didn't leave him there. He was rude and obnoxious in line, made smart-aleck comments through the whole thing and just generally ticked me off. The lady in front of us in line deserves a medal for holding her tongue the way she did, because he was ridiculous about a lot of movies, movies that other people might have enjoyed immensely that he was bashing without any provocation. If it wasn't for that, I would have enjoyed myself a lot more, although once I was watching the movie, it was better. I won't go to one with him again, I can promise you that. If they ask me why, I'll tell them. I didn't like the way Jeff was speaking to an older woman, I didn't find his criticism of other movies entertaining, and I refuse to be put into a position where I'm uncomfortable again, and I was uncomfortable there.

So there.

1 comment:

  1. At first when I was reading that I was thinking...oh no, her husband was being rude...but then I glanced down at the previous post and Jeff was your house guest. PHEW!


So... tell me what you think. Good or bad, plus or minus, negative, positive, irrational...

Go for it :D